× For help and support with ALLBenchmark in general

question-circle Question Catzilla Auto-Blocked By Firewall

1 year 9 months ago #26197 by Riot
I have a very weird issue. I was able to browse the Catzilla website and download the Catzilla application/program with no issues, however around 30 minutes after my install I am unable to access the Catzilla website or the Leaderboards on the Catzilla Application. I'm also unable to upload any of my benchmarks to the website through the Catzilla Program.

After troubleshooting I've found the issue to be my Firewall/Router is preventing connection to the servers as bypassing my Firewall allows all of these to work. My question is, are there any particular Network Ports that need to be open for Catzilla's Leaderboard and Upload features to work properly?

I plan on factory restoring my router after work to see if I'm able to get back through afterwards and will update with more info. Suggestions are welcomed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #26198 by Riot
Well I didn't get to factory restore my router, however today I checked at 9:30PM EST and I'm able to access Catzilla's Website and Leaderboards via the the Catzilla Application/Program.

Previously across my entire internal network, I was unable to access Catzilla on any devices unless bypassing my Firewall and Router. I don't know why it's working again but I'll update if issues persist.

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #26199 by Riot
I'm back already at 10PM EST. I ran the Benchmark just one single time and now the issue returned.

I'm guessing now that the issue is actually NOT with my Firewall/Router, but with my Public IP. Bypassing my Firewall/Router would have given my PC a completely new Public IP, which would have worked. Thankfully I work for my Local ISP so I can easily test this and assign myself a new IP whenever I'm able. Again I'll keep you posted.

Edit: I forgot to add that the reason I had to create a Forum Thread for any of this is because I, like many others from what I'm seeing, am unable to Submit anything via the Catzilla Support page at catzilla.com/support

1 year 9 months ago #26200 by Riot
It appears I was unfortunately correct. It appears the issue was my Public IP and not my Firewall/Router. Hopefully this does not mean only one Benchmark Run per Public IP, that would be very annoying and quite impossible for those who do not work for their Local ISP. I'll continue to update.

1 year 9 months ago #26201 by Riot
It does appear that after every Benchmark test, I have to change my Public IP. I believe this has something to do with the Catzilla Program/Application either trying to automatically open the results page for your benchmark after the run, or with some Catzilla Backend issue that likely will not be fixed judging by the support/forum pages.

It's quite a shame to see this program and support degrade to dust, it's quite a nice Benchmark if it would work properly.

1 year 9 months ago #26202 by Riot
After testing a bit more, it seems that my Public IP is blocked the second I start the benchmark rather than at the end. I have another PC I'll test this on to see if it's just something to do with my build. I had a friend who lives near me and has the same ISP test this and he was able to run the test and still access the Catzilla Website and the Leaderboards on the Catzilla Application, so his IP was not blocked.