× For help and support with ALLBenchmark in general

times Deleted Virtual memory

10 years 9 months ago #588 by Neale S
Hi

While going through the software settings, I accidently turned off my Virtual Memory.

How do I turn it back on?

Thanks

Red

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #610 by Michal 'bonzaj' Staniszewski
You can turn it on in Advanced System Settings in System tab in your Windows Settings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neale S

10 years 7 months ago #743 by jon
Thanks, I'm having the same problem. I know how to get to the virtual memory options in system settings, but I don't know what the default settings are. In other words I don't know what this benchmark changed. Do I simply select "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives"?
It's frustrating to me that this benchmark offers to disable virtual memory without giving the user any indication of what the option does, before or even after you select it. I had no idea this would change system settings in windows, especially something as crucial as disk page filing.

10 years 7 months ago #747 by Michal 'bonzaj' Staniszewski
Sorry, for that - I convinced the guy who proposed that, that it's a bad idea and we will disable it in next update, as for your situation - sorry again, you will need to check for default settings on Microsoft pages

10 years 1 month ago #980 by Zinc Whiskers
So much for "fixing this before the next upgrade".
When I click on "Set this Now" I expect details before the setting is changed automatically. without a choice to decline.
Is setting the virtual memory to 2GB really better for performance?